Local News


Lightning Blamed for Lake Hallie House Fire

Firefighters say it appears lightning sparked a house fire in the Village of Lake Hallie yesterday.

The Chippewa Fire District says firefighters were called to a home at 4567 132nd St. just before 6 a.m. When they arrived, heavy fire was coming from the roof and attic of the two-story home. The owner of the home said he heard a loud crack of thunder at 2:30 a.m. He checked the house but found nothing wrong and went back to sleep. About three hours later, he said he woke up to the sound of what he described as rain hitting the drywall. He got up and checked the bathroom area to find an orange glow coming through a bathroom light fixture. His family got out of the home safely. Firefighters say there were no smoke alarms in the attic to alert the family. Crews were able to confine the fire to the attic and the fire was under control by 7 a.m. There is currently no damage estimate available. 

Leave a comment:

showing all comments · Subscribe to comments
  1. skyouts posted on 08/30/2014 01:56 AM
    In New York, Calvin Klein unveiled some beautiful dresses, doudoune moncler pas cher showing {lots of|plenty of|a lot of|a great deal of} shimmer and {lots of|plenty of|a lot of|a great deal of} clean, doudoune moncler solde sharp lines. Some pieces definitely had an androgynous feel {to them|for them|in their mind|for many years}, {ideal for|well suited for|perfect for|suitable for} doudoune moncler femme pas cher power dressing whether {at work|at the office|at the job|in the office} or at play.
showing all comments