If you think coffeemakers are just for coffee, prepare to have your mind BLOWN. Because there are actually websites dedicated to all the OTHER stuff you can make with a coffeemaker.
And even though it usually doesn't make SENSE to, here are six of the easiest meals to pull off.
1. Hot Dogs. Just run six-to-eight cups of water through the coffeemaker, then leave the burner on and toss the hot dogs in. Or don't . . . because the microwave obviously makes way more sense.
Because the suggested cooking time in a coffee pot is 30 MINUTES. But hey . . . maybe you don't have a microwave or a stove. Apparently you can do hard-boiled eggs the same way, but in eight minutes.
2. Poached Chicken. Essentially, all you need is some chicken breast, some butter, and some water, and you let it cook in the coffee pot for 15 minutes on each side. Then make sure you wash the pot REALLY well.
3. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Just remove the pot, wipe down the burner, and cook each sandwich like you normally would if you were using a pan.
4. Anything "Instant." This one's kind of obvious, but coffeemakers are great for things like oatmeal or ramen noodles, because all you have to do is add hot water and wait a few minutes.
5. Vegetables. You can do it two different ways. You can steam them by putting them in the filter basket, and then running water through the coffeemaker a few times.
Or you can just fill the pot with hot water, dump the vegetables in, and let them cook until they're tender.
6. Chocolate Fondue. All you have to do is heat up some cream in the coffee pot for about 15 minutes . . . add in pieces of a chocolate bar and let them melt for 10 minutes . . . then stir it, and it's done.
A few popular dipping items include strawberries, banana slices, pretzels, and marshmallows.