THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW MON 10/08/12
10/8/2012 5:58:00 AM
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Lifetime already has that "Liz and Dick" biopic ready to show you next month, starring Lindsay Lohan. Next, they're going to do the Anna Nicole Smith story, starring Agnes Bruckner from "Private Practice."
- If you liked the Kiefer Sutherland drama, "Touch," you'll have to wait a little longer. It was supposed to return this month, but now it'll come back in January.
- The movie about the Bin Laden raid and killing of the Al Qaeda leader will air November 4, two days before the election. It was made by the studio owned by Obama supporter, Harvey Weinstein and will air on the National Geographic channel.
- Actress Daryl Hannah was arrested in northeast Texas on Thursday, along with a 78-year-old landowner and grandmother while protesting an oil pipeline designed to bring crude from Canada to the Gulf Coast.
- 67 million watched the presidential debates the other night... that's 15 million more than tuned in back in 2008.
- Patrick Swayze's widow, Lisa Niemi, is dating again. It's been three years.
- The vice-presidential candidates take their turn at debating this Thursday.
- Actress Daryl Hannah of "Splash" fame was arrested in northeast Texas on Thursday, protesting a proposed oil pipeline.
- Even though she hasn't started a family yet, Taylor Swift says she's already saving up for her kids' college fund.
- READY FOR ANGRY BIRDS STAR WARS? _ The next big thing for Angry Birds is arriving today (Monday). And, if the teaser image posted to the company's Twitter page is anything to go by, the next big thing involves Star Wars. A blog post promises that all will be revealed at Toys R Us in New York City's Time Square.
- MOM CHARGED FOR TATTOOING 11-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER _ A tattooed North Carolina mom is charged with with giving her 11-year-old daughter a heart-shaped tat using her own tools. Odessa Clay was unaware that giving a tattoo to a person under 18 years of age was illegal. Odessa, who sports several pieces of body art, inked her daughter near the right shoulder after numbing the child's arm. She says her daughter asked for the tattoo.
- FAKE COP DEMANDS FREEBIE AT McDONALD'S _ According to Florida deputies some guy placed his order at the drive thru of a McDonald's. When the employee told him through the PA how much his order would cost, the guy said he was a law enforcement officer, did not have his wallet with him, and wanted his food free of charge. When he pulled around to the window he told the manager the same story. He repeated he was a police officer and added he had just come from a sting and didn't have his wallet. He then flashed a badge and showed a gun to the manager. Employees called 911 and that's when real cops showed up.
- TAKEN 2 PUTS FRANKENWEENIE DOWN _ Frankenweenie bombed at the box office over weekend. The $39 million film brought in just $11.5 million Friday through Sunday, premiering in fifth place. Debuting at the top was Taken 2, which earned $50 million and cost the studio $42 million.
- BIG BIRD APPEARS ON SNL _ After a three-day silence, Big Bird appeared on Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update to comment about his newfound fame after he was mentioned on Wednesday night's presidential debate between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama. The huge yellow bird said, "I got a million tweets," but when Seth Meyers asked him if he was on Twitter, he replied, "No, I'm a bird, tweeting is how we talk." Video
- MOVIE MONSTERS ON DVD _ Universal Studios is releasing an eight-movie box set of its beloved legendary movie monsters -- Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, Phantom of The Opera and Creature From The Black Lagoon.
- On Friday, some idiot on eBay tried to sell a professionally-made mask of the guy who shot up the "Dark Knight Rises" theater in Colorado. The mask had the wild orange hair and big, crazy eyes. He set the opening bid at $500, but eBay yanked down the listing before there were any bids.
- In North Carolina, a high school student is being investigated for apparently spiking his 61-year-old teacher's coffee with a BUTT ENHANCEMENT DRUG. The student put an herbal supplement called GluteBoost in her coffee, she noticed, and called the police. The student hasn't been arrested yet, but could be after the police investigation. The school says he's been disciplined.
- You'd think rule number one of running a meth lab is that you don't make a big sign advertising your meth lab. On Friday, police in Tennessee spotted a driver in a red pickup truck with the words "METH LAB" written on his windshield. They pulled him over and, believe it or not . . . the truck WAS a mobile meth lab. He was arrested.